Saturday, 21 March 2015

Evaluation Question 4

How did you use new media technologies in the construction, research, planning and evaluation stages?


Throughout the media course I have used a number of different media technologies to construct my media product. My planning and research skills have developed better over time.

Research has been an important media technology when constructing my media products. Using re-search it gives you a good idea on what to include in your own work, helping you make your media product more professional looking. I used research in my own media product for everything that I have produced throughout the course, for example starting with my thriller opening sequence. I researched a number of different thrillers opening sequences to give me an idea on what camera angles,shots and colour palette to use in a typical thriller.

Recently in my current media work research has been a big help because I was working on my own, so I needed more inspiration and help on how to produce and create different media products, for example I was quite confident when creating my website to advertise my Music Video and Digipak but when it came to what colour palette to use for my chosen artist, I was a bit stuck. So I researched a number of different Indie/Pop artists website's to give me some inspiration. From my research I realized that mainly all indie artists have more simple and plain layouts to their websites with a darker colour palette.

Planning was also a big part of creating my media products. After doing my research I had to plan what I was going to do and how I was going to do it. When creating my music video I had to make sure I could stay in contact with the actors that were used in my music video, so I used Facebook group chat to update and keep in-touch with them, to make sure the date, time and place would be appropriate for them. I also had to plan out my digipak so after re-searching on the layout of different digipaks and the colour palette of a typical indie artist, I drew out a plan of what my digipak was going to look like and I also made a draft copy which I folded up to see what it was going to look like.

My music video was what took more planning as I struggled on what to do in it, I wanted to follow the typical indie/pop artist music video where it had an actual meaning to the video, but at the same time I wanted to do something different so after a lot of swapping and changing my ideas, I finally decided to do something a bit different, but also something that has been included in a music video before, and this was a medium shot in the same setting (the media studio) and with the same layout of a number of different actors miming to the song but when edited, it flicks from different actors throughout the song making it interesting but a bit different to a normal indie music video. Audience feedback also helped me a lot with my media product because I used the feedback to help my work become better. I took the feedback that I received and made it useful by trying to work out what would look better in my media music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment