Saturday, 21 March 2015

Evaluation Question 1:



1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?



My Media Product is a very basic but effective music video, after researching different music videos from the same genre, at first I was going to go down the same route of putting a story to it, but in the end I decided to be a bit different. So i just filmed a number of different people and synced the video to the track on Final Cut. Then after I had got all the clips I wanted i played around and edited it to how i imagined it to be, with the actors in the same position in each shot so it was just more as if their faces are just changing not the whole of them, although you can tell that the whole shot is changing it is the closest I could get to how I wanted it.

The costume that I used in my Music Video were very basic and casual just something somebody would wear any-day, nothing to smart which I thought goes with the Track well as it is a more indie track and has more of a meaning to it, it is quite a sad song about flaws and hiding your flaws. Which made me want to just keep the costume and make-up very casual.

I didn't use any props in my music video, again because I wanted to keep it simple.
When in the studio the camera was placed on a tripod which was set to the same distance for each person to make it look more effective when it switched from different people, as if their faces are just changing.

The audience that I created this music video is more for people who listen to the genre of indie music, although some people might just like this particular track. I tried to research into what people like and enjoy in a music video of this genre.Although I didn't take everything into consideration I still tried to think myself what I would like to see in an Indie music video, and that was something a bit different. So i tried to take everything into consideration to create something watchable and interesting but still similar to most indie music videos.

The lighting used in my Music Video was artificial so it was very bright and was basically a spotlight on all the actors, so it was quite intimate and just all about them. The colour palette in my music video was dark and not very eye-catching which is what I wanted, because in most Indie music videos that I had re-searched about they were the same, dull and not very eye-catching. I tried to keep the colour palette in all of the other elements of my music video the same, so that they all fit the same theme. Keeping the music video, digipak and website all the same keeps the audiences attention and makes it interesting, making them want to look on the website and watch the music video. Looking at all of my media products that I have produced they have been well constructed as they have all kept the same colour palette and theme throughout everything, which is very important and makes it look more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment