In my Music Video I have decided that I would like to have a story to it other than a video of whoever is in my video performing throughout the whole thing and playing instruments, because in Bastille's Music Videos normally it just has a story to it, for example in Flaws its set on a fair by a beach using actors dressed as skeletons with face paint on, then in Pompeii it is similar. Although, in Pompeii there is actually limited footage of them performing, but it is only now and again and lasts no longer than 3 seconds each time. Here are some screen shots.
I have been looking through most of Bastille's different Music Videos to make sure that my research is correct and I am on the right tracks for my Music Video Ideas. In their Music Video Oblivion there is performance but it's part of the story in the Video because it is a girl miming to the song which is sung by a male and she is stood in the middle of a stadium which has loads of old battered racing cars driving around. So even though there is performance it's not any of the official members of Bastille, its part of the story.
The next Music Video that I looked at was 'Things We Lost In The Fire' and again this video was mainly acting with very limited performance.
Now that I have done some research, it has helped me slightly with what to do for my Music Video on the track 'Flaws' I know what type of setting that they are normally based in and what their outfits are like which has given me plenty of inspiration on what to do for my own video.
I have been looking through most of Bastille's different Music Videos to make sure that my research is correct and I am on the right tracks for my Music Video Ideas. In their Music Video Oblivion there is performance but it's part of the story in the Video because it is a girl miming to the song which is sung by a male and she is stood in the middle of a stadium which has loads of old battered racing cars driving around. So even though there is performance it's not any of the official members of Bastille, its part of the story.
The next Music Video that I looked at was 'Things We Lost In The Fire' and again this video was mainly acting with very limited performance.
Now that I have done some research, it has helped me slightly with what to do for my Music Video on the track 'Flaws' I know what type of setting that they are normally based in and what their outfits are like which has given me plenty of inspiration on what to do for my own video.



No comments:
Post a Comment