Tuesday, 5 August 2014

Music Video Anaylisis - Bastille Pompeii




My second video I have chosen to analyse is Bastilles music video - Pompeii
which genre is indie rock, this genre of music is a lot different to the other music video I chose by Kiesza. Pompeii was released in 2013. 

The setting of the music video is based in a city, and the colour palette is dark. The clothes the man in the video is wearing are dark and so is the sky and all the buildings, which gives the audience a feeling that the song isnt going to be very cheerful and happy its going to be a bit more sad and meaningful. The first line that the singers says is " I was left to my own devices" and in the video he is walking around on his own and gives the audience a feel that he is lonely and has nobody.

There is a variety of different camera shots. It starts with a medium to long over the shoulder shot, where the focus is on the back of the man and the city is all blurred out.
This music video has a lot of different cuts with a variety of different shots, I counted at least 86 or more cuts throughout the whole video.

No comments:

Post a Comment