I decided to do some research on Bastille's Digipak as that is the artist that I am using for my Music Video.
I particularly like Bastille's front cover of their digipak as it is a lot different to normal album covers, most digipaks are just a normal image of the artist or band and doesn't really have much of a story to it, but Bastille have instantly created suspense by having a image of who i guess to be the main singer 'Dan Smith' running away from someone this straight away adds suspense and makes us want to know what it is that he is running away from or even where he is running to? I also like the title, it is simple yet interesting and eye catching the way that they have used a triangle for the A in'Bad' and in 'Bastille' makes it a lot different to any other album cover and that's what I like about it.
The album cover in general is a lot similar to the type of music that they produce, as Bastille isn't so upbeat and happy but it is catchy. It is just more meaningful and has a story behind it. The light that's shining on the man gives us the impression that its car lights maybe, this makes the audience again think that he is being chased or is running away somewhere.
The back cover is interesting to as the first thing we notice is that the image behind the text is of car lights, which gives us the impression that it is what the man on the front cover was running from. I am guessing this is meant to be a point of view shot from the lead singer as he is running away from the car and turning around. Again the text on the back listing all the different tracks is simple but stands out and they have used the same theme of using triangles on all the letters 'A' This is one of my favorite albums and digipaks that I have seen as it has been well thought out and has a mysterious feel about it, I will be deffinately taking some ideas from this digipak for my own.


No comments:
Post a Comment